Southwest Airlines is known as the world’s largest low-cost carrier in the United States. If you are going to travel to or from Southwest Airlines, your first destination will be LaGuardia Terminal B, the main portal for all its arrivals and departures. After its recent renovation, the Southwest Airlines LGA terminal has transformed, offering travelers a pleasant time. The arrival and departure experience at the Southwest Airlines LaGuardia Airport Terminal is enhanced by the spectacular views of the sky bridge followed by an island concourse, making your travel with Southwest Airlines worthwhile.
Gateway To The Southwest Airlines LGA Terminal
Terminal B of LaGuardia Airport has two concourses, the Western Concourse and the Eastern Concourse, that facilitate passengers’ smooth arrival and departure to and from the Southwest Airlines LGA terminal. The passengers travel through the Southwest Airlines terminal at Airport Code on three levels, as follows:
- Arrival Level: It refers to the arrival of passengers, which involves baggage claim, food court, and ground transport.
- Departure Level: At this level, the passengers are offboarding and go through check-in counters, security checks, and more.
- Upper Level: This level provides access to first aid facilities and VIP services.
Details Of Southwest Airlines LGA Terminal
Southwest Airlines LaGuardia Airport Terminal has a new look with a recent $8 billion revamp in 2022, transforming it into a modern 21st-century architecture.
The Southwest Airlines LGA terminal is upgraded with some amazing features.
- It has enlarged to 1.3M square feet, with spacious arrival and departure halls.
- The inside of the Terminal is adorned with public art featuring mosaic murals, vinyl-painted glass, a monumental structure, state-of-the-art water features, and more.
- It has upgraded to 35 gates.
- It hosts the finest dining and lounge services.
- It serves five leading airlines, including the Southwest Airlines.
|Southwest Airlines LaGuardia Airport Address
|Queens, NY 11371, United States
|Southwest Airlines LaGuardia Airport Contact Number
|Southwest LGA Terminal
Services provided by Southwest Airlines at LaGuardia Airport Terminal LGA
At the Office of Southwest LGA Terminal, passengers can avail themselves of the following services / amenities:
|Flight Ticket Booking and Cancellation
|Web / Online Check-in
|Airport Counter Check-in
|Airport and In-Flight Wifi
|Travel with Pets or Animals
|Pet Relief Area
|First Class and Business Class Seats Enquiries
|Economy Class Seat Enquiries
|Seats Selection and Enquiries
Making Southwest Airlines Reservations at LGA Terminal
You can book your seats for traveling with Southwest Airlines at online portals or make your reservations at the check-in counters at the Arrival level of LaGuardia Terminal B. With Southwest Airlines, you can have one-way or round-up flights per your needs. Make sure to arrive at the airport on time with all the necessary documents for making your reservations.
Canceling Southwest Airlines Flight Bookings from LGA Terminal
Like making reservations, you can cancel your Southwest Airlines flight bookings at the online portal or head to the cancelation department of Southwest Airlines terminal at LGA to cancel your flights. You will only receive a refund on your bookings if the cancelation is done at least 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
Check-In Options/Methods At Southwest Airlines LGA Terminal
After making reservations, the next stop is checking in. Ticketing and check-ins are made at Level 3 of the LaGuardia Terminal B. At this stage, you must hand over your luggage to be sent via Southwest Airlines’ cargo. You will receive a boarding pass with your seating information during check-in at the Terminal. The airlines’ check-in procedure also involves security checks to ensure safe traveling.
Baggage Allowance Southwest Airlines Flights from LGA
Southwest Airlines allows two checked bags (Golf bag and ski included), one carry-on bag (suitcase), and one personal item (such as a purse, backpack, briefcase, and laptop case) for free. The checked bag must be 62 inches long and weigh up to 50 pounds. Baggage beyond these size and weight limits costs extra charges.
Getting A Seat/Class Upgrade For Southwest Airlines Flight
If you wish to gain the opportunity to be the first to board Southwest Airlines and make your seat selection, you can apply for upgraded boarding 24 hours before your flight. To unlock this non-refundable service, you must pay $30 to upgrade to the A1-A15 boarding positions. You can also avail of seat upgrades at the Southwest Airlines Laguardia terminal departures at check-in counters or self-service kiosks.
Southwest Air Lost And Found Service At LGA Terminal B
If you have misplaced or lost an item at the LaGuardia airport at the security screening phase while traveling through the Southwest Airlines LGA terminal, you can look for it at the TSA lost and found department between 7 am and 3 pm.
Unaccompanied Minor Service (UMS) by Southwest at LGA
Children between 5 to 11 years of age traveling without a person above 12 years are unaccompanied minors. Southwest Airlines LaGuardia Airport Terminal provides this service to these little passengers, ensuring safe travel. The airline staff of Southwest Airlines terminal at LGA is responsible for guiding minors to board their flight.
To avail of this service, you must provide the following information while making reservations for the unaccompanied minor.
- UM’s Name
- UM’s Gender
- UM’s Date Of Birth
- Information Of The Person Responsible For Dropping and Picking The Child At Their Destinations
- The Person’s Relationship To The Child
- Child’s Address
- Contact Number
- Child’s Age Proof
Facilitation Offered By Southwest Airlines LGA Terminal
Southwest Airlines LGA Terminal offers essential services and facilities to create a comfortable traveling experience. These include the following.
Information Counters At LGA Terminal B
Do you need to resolve any queries about your flight or transportation services? Southwest Airlines Laguardia terminal departures and arrivals have information counters at the Arrival hall, eastern and western concourse, and the level 4 retail hall where you can ask for information about your flight or the LGA terminal B.
With Southwest Airlines, you can travel with your little companions on domestic flights! Passengers can carry domestic small cats and dogs in an airline-approved pet carrier. During onboarding, you must check in your pet at the ticket counter and pay the pet fare before proceeding to the departure gate. Important points to remember while traveling with a pet:
- Pets are not allowed on international flights.
- Your pets must be vaccinated and well-behaved to be allowed to board the flight.
- You must carry your pets in an approved pet carrier with dimensions 18.5 m x 8.5 m x 13.5 m so it fits under your seat.
- Your pets must stay inside their carriers throughout your flight journey.
- No pets are allowed after reaching the maximum capacity of pets allowed onboard.
- If you cancel your flight, you will get a refund for the pet fare at the ticket counter.
Special assistance or Disability Support
The Southwest Airlines LGA terminal has supportive airline staff who ensure safe onboarding for passengers who need special assistance due to disability. You can get assistance at any connection point across the terminal by identifying yourself and sharing your required assistance. The Southwest Airlines personnel will assist you in onboarding and departure. Although unnecessary, you can notify them about your need for special assistance in advance, as it will help the airline crew make arrangements beforehand.
LaGuardia Terminal B has parking garages outside each terminal with several vehicle facilities, such as parking for the disabled and vehicle assistance services.
Southwest Airlines LGA terminal passengers are requested to park their vehicles only at the airport or at authorized parking sites:
|Official Parking Companies
|Airpark Airport Parking System
|LAZ Parking- (Hyatt Place, Queens Crossing & Tangram Mall)
As soon as you reach the Southwest Airlines Laguardia terminal arrivals, you can find the below-mentioned parking options:
- Short-Term Parking: The parking price for the short term is $10 per hour. Parking spots closest to the terminal are best to park your vehicle for short durations.
- Long-Term Parking: LaGuardia Airport charges around $39 to $45 daily for long-term parking. You can also look for more affordable parking options near the airport. You are not allowed to park your vehicle for more than 30 days. In this case, your vehicle gets towed, and you must pay additional charges to retrieve it. Long-term parking at the LaGuardia Terminal B unlocks two more features for passengers.
- Discount Parking: Discount parking makes your air travel much cheaper, with one less thing to worry about parking expenses. It is available only in advanced reservations made 24 hours before your flight.
- Prepaid Economy: With the prepaid economy, you can reserve your parking spot at the Southwest Airlines LaGuardia Airport Terminal months before. This facility is only available for paid reservations at least 24 hours before.
The Southwest Airlines LaGuardia Airport Terminal has delectable dining services to soothe your appetite. They have big food courts serving meals from well-known restaurants, so you can grab your guilty pleasures right after you have landed or are just going to begin your air journey.
If you love going on shopping sprees, you would love the shopping area at LaGuardia Terminal B. It is the terminals’ most attractive place you can’t resist shopping for souvenirs and travel essentials on the go.
Southwest Airlines LGA Terminal has some interesting services that help passengers with their basic needs. Have a look at them below:
|Digital Personal Assistance
|Children Play Spaces
|Pet Relief Area
|Lost And Found
|TSA Cares Assistance
Transportation Options To And From The LGA Terminal B
The Southwest Airlines LaGuardia Airport Terminal is connected to several ground transport options, making the transition between your airport and destination smooth and convenient.
LaGuardia terminals are not directly interconnected with each other. To move across different terminals at the LGA, you can take shuttle buses from Level 1 of the Southwest terminal to connect with other airport terminals.
The first and most feasible option you get while traveling to or from the Southwest Airlines LGA terminal is public transport. There are various public transport options, such as shuttle buses, MTA bus lines, subways, etc.
Do You Know: The LaGuardia Terminal B now provides LaGuardia Link Q70 MTA bus service to LaGuardia Airport for free. You can get more details about LaGuardia MTA bus services at the LaGuardia Terminal’s information counters.
Terminal B is connected to a range of private transportation services that ensure complete comfort and convenience while traveling to and from Southwest Airlines.
- Taxis: You can find cab services near the terminal available round the clock, with fares ranging from $24 – $30, excluding tolls and tips.
- Car Rentals: LaGuardia Terminal also has car rental facilities at the HOV ground level, columns 5-7. They provide pick-and-drop facilities at or near the terminal’s gateway. The prices for these cars vary depending on the car size and rental duration.
Some of the Car Rental Agencies that serve the Southwest Airlines LGA Terminal are
- Shared Ride: You will find car, van, and even app-based services from Uber, Lyft, and Revel at the Southwest Airlines LaGuardia Airport Terminal. They are located on the second level of the Terminal’s parking garage. You can book your ride through their dedicated phone apps once you exit the terminal. For private car bookings, visit the Welcome Centers at the Arrival level of the Terminal.
You can visit the information centers at Southwest Airlines Laguardia terminal arrivals or departures for further details about each transportation service, including arrival and departure schedules, location, and fares.
The Southwest Airlines LaGuardia Airport Terminal has attracted a lot of fame in recent years due to its recent renovation, which has evolved it into a hub of world-class facilities. It has undergone amazing transformations, equipping it with modern facilities and outstanding customer service, making your traveling experience with Southwest Airlines a mesmerizing experience.
Southwest Airlines LaGuardia Airport Map
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) of Southwest Airlines LaGuardia Airport – LGA
Southwest Airlines uses Terminal B at LGA for its arrivals and departures.
Terminal B of the LaGuardia airport serves five leading US flights: Air Canada, American Airlines, Jet Blue Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines.
LaGuardia Terminal B offers a range of basic facilities and services for a comfortable and smooth travel experience. They include Free Internet, ATMs, Restrooms, Lost and found centers, Mobility services, Medical care, Currency exchange, and more.
Southwest Airlines arrives and departs at Terminal B, located at the center of the LaGuardia Airport.
Passengers are required to check-in at Terminal B at LaGuardia International Airport.
The Southwest Airlines LGA terminal offers various modes of transport from the airport. They involve taxi services, car rentals, shared rides, subways, shuttle buses, and MTA public bus service.
No, the LaGuardia Terminal B is only open from 4 AM to 12 AM daily.
Southwest Airlines takes great care in ensuring the safe travel of unaccompanied minors. The airline agent guides the minors to board their flights and escort them throughout their travels.
You can take shuttle buses from Terminal B to other terminals at the LaGuardia airport.
The LaGuardia Airport’s Link Q70 shuttle bus service offers free transportation.
To travel with Southwest Airlines, you must head to the check-in counters at Level 3 of LGA Terminal B.
Travelers seeking to contact Southwest Airlines can call 18004359792.
Yes! Southwest Airlines offers WiFi connectivity on select flights and routes.
Yes, Southwest Airlines allows small cats and dogs on domestic flights, given the pets must be vaccinated, well-behaved, and carried in an approved pet carrier.